- Students will demonstrate, through a portfolio of screenplays and teleplays, mastery of story development, character development, storytelling structure, and cinematic style.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to pitch stories and scripts to producers, managers, agents, studios, cable outlets, and networks.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in writing for screens of all sizes. Students will value diverse stories that explore social justice issues and ethical and humanistic themes.
- Students will develop entrepreneurial skills by creating relationships with outside organizations through internships, mentorships, and designated courses and workshops.
- Students will demonstrate the fundamental business skills required for working effectively with producers, managers, agents, and the Writers Guild of America.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in analyzing the influences of film, television, and emerging media on our culture, and vice versa.