On select Monday Nights, industry guests, including talented alumni, share their work and offer insight into the art and commerce of film and TV. Top creative talent (directors, producers, writers, cinematographers, animators) screen TV episodes, features and documentaries. Then everyone dives into a Q&A.
What do you want to know about the creative process and finding success in the entertainment industry? Get your answer from someone who’s been there, done that. By joining in the conversation, you’ll walk away understanding exactly what goes into telling some of the most engaging stories on screen (big and small).
Reflecting the collaborative spirit of the School of Film and Television, Monday Nights are true community get-togethers. Students, staff and faculty all contribute ideas for the series and help promote events. The open, casual vibe means you’ll often have direct contact with Monday Nights guests. And because they’re frequently alums, it’ll be that much easier for you to draw a straight line between “film school student” and “entertainment industry pro.”
Some Recent Monday Nights
- 42 with writer/director and LMU alum Brian Helgeland
- Justified with creator/writer/producer Graham Yost
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns with director and LMU lecturer Jay Oliva
- The Sessions with writer/director Ben Lewin
- American Horror Story with writer/producer and LMU alum James Wong
- Moonrise Kingdom with cinematographer Robert Yeoman
- An Evening with Pixar’s John Lasseter
Visit our event page for a list of all upcoming Monday Night Series and SFTV Events.