The following information below is intended to provide general guidelines regarding our College's process for managing faculty travel and professional development requests.

How do I request travel and professional development form?

Tenured, tenure-track, and clinical faculty can make a travel request using the SFTV Travel and Professional Development Request form. Part-time faculty are not eligible. 

The form must be approved and signed by your Chair or supervisor and the Associate Dean before travel is permitted. Approval should be obtained prior to booking. Travel without prior approval is generally not reimbursable.

Hand deliver your travel form to SFTV Administration and Planning Office at Xavier 218. Allow at least 3 business days for review. When the travel request form is approved or denied, the faculty will be contacted by email.

What is reimbursable?

Approved travel only. Examples of reimbursable expenses are:

  • Transportation- LMU reimburses the most economical means of transportation within reason. 
  • Parking
  • Car rental (Enterprise or National only. LMU Contract code: XZ32613)
  • Travel Meals
  • Commercial hotel stays
  • Luggage transport

What do I do after my trip?

Please complete a CONCUR expense report within 10 days of returning from your trip. All expense receipts associated with your trip must be attached to the report. To assign the travel expense report to the appropriate account, please complete the following steps:

  • Make an Expense Report
  • Select "Details" on menu option
  • Select "Report Header"
  • In the "Organization/Division," enter "24313"
  • In the "Project," enter "34442"

For more information on how to make an expense report, please refer to the Expense Quick User Guide.

Additional Resources