Assistant Dean Hernandez serves as advisor to students and SFTV faculty as they engage in the advising process; monitors students' academic progress and guides students who may be subject to academic disqualifications; partners with student support services within SFTV and across the University to enhance SFTV students' educational experience; and assists with issues related to student challenges. Johana approves study abroad plans and transfer courses for currently enrolled students, assists students with academic policy questions and petitions, and helps students to understand Degree Progress Reports.
Alberto coordinates academic services and support to SFTV undergraduate students, including academic advisement, evaluation of transfer courses, recommendation of curricular exceptions and substitutions, and analysis of individual progress toward degree completion.
We’d love to hear from you! Reach us both at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule a 1-1 advising appointment, please visit our public calendars, here.
For a comprehensive description of current degree requirements, course offerings, and academic policies, please see the University Bulletin.
If you are a continuing student with academic concerns, please be sure to visit the online resources below:
- University Advising
- Registration Information / Schedule Services
- Academic Calendars
- Academic Forms
- FAQ - Office of the Registrar
How do I prepare for registration?
The Office of the Registrar has improved opportunities for students to navigate the registration process. Here’s how:
- Visit the Office of the Registrar web page "Registration" to see what you can do to prepare for registration.
- The Fall 2020 Schedule of Classes is now available. You can access the schedule via PROWL (in the Student Services menu click on Registration, then select Browse Classes) or in MyLMU (select Schedule of Classes from the System Logins list).
- Check your Degree Works audit prior to and after registration. Visit the "Degree Audit" page to familiarize yourself with the format.
Do you need 1-1 assistance?
SCHEDULE ASSISTANCE AND GENERAL ADVISING is available through University Advising at the Academic Resource center. To schedule a meeting with University Advising, visit their public calendar, here: Schedule a meeting with University Advising
ONE-ON-ONE appointments are available through the SFTV Advising to answer questions or concerns. Spots are limited, so act quickly! To request a short 1-1 appointment, visit this link.
Please note these important reminders:
- DegreeWorks is the best system to track your degree progress, but does not include course sequence information. To view a four-year model, be sure to visit your major information in the University Bulletin.
- FACULTY MENTORING can be requested ANY TIME during the semester. If you have questions about your major and/or need career advice, you can request a meeting with your faculty mentor/advisor any time during the semester. Faculty Mentoring is different from registration preparation in that it is meant to help you navigate your academic experience in directly coordination with your overall creative development.
Check out our Fall 2020 course offerings at these links!