Recording Arts students will understand:
- The physical and psychoacoustic properties of sound
- The techniques of making, editing, and processing sound recordings
- The aesthetic contribution of sound to media.
Recording Arts students will be able to:
- Make technically competent recordings of music as well as production and post-production sound for film and television media
- Effectively edit and process sound for those media
- Create technically competent and aesthetically pleasing mixes for those media.
Recording Arts students will value:
- The transformative power of challenging and meaningful art
- The collaborative and rigorous nature of working in sound for music, film, and television
- The cultural impact and significance of this media—past, present, and future.