Upon completing the program, students majoring in Film and Television Production will know:
- The basic techniques of visual storytelling.
- The processes of producing, directing, screenwriting, cinematography, editing, sound recording and design, and set design.
- The current technologies involved in the creation of film production.
- Strategies for future dissemination of their work.
Upon completing the program, students majoring in Film and Television Production will value:
- A wide variety of cinematic forms of expression in traditional as well as emerging technologies.
- The importance of film history and theory.
- Create technically accomplished and aesthetically engaging films.
- Collaboration and teamwork in the filmmaking process.
- Individual expression through cinematic forms.
Upon completing the program, students majoring in Film and Television Production will be able to:
- Clearly communicate story, theme, and concept in their works.
- Apply learned techniques of film and television production to creative works of their own.
- Give constructive feedback, and implement revision of their own creative work based on feedback received.
- Balance creative and organizational skills.
- Practice teamwork, while developing leadership skills.
- Create and treat content in innovative and imaginative ways.