Students will understand:
- The physical and psychoacoustic properties of sound.
- The techniques of making, editing, and processing sound recordings.
- The aesthetic contribution of sound to media.
Students will be able to:
- Make technically competent recordings of music as well as production and post-production sound for film and television media.
- Effectively edit and process sound for those media.
- Create technically competent and aesthetically pleasing mixes for those media.
Students will value:
- The transformative power of challenging and meaningful art.
- The collaborative and rigorous nature of working in sound for music, film, and television.
- The cultural impact and significance of this media — past, present, and future.