- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the dynamics of storytelling required for film, television, and new and emerging media.
- Students will demonstrate competency in developing stories and writing scripts for multiple media platforms.
- Students will value diverse stories that explore social justice issues and ethical and humanistic themes.
- Students will create a portfolio of screenplays and teleplays in which structure, character development, dialogue, tone, and theme are clearly demonstrated.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in analyzing the influences of film, television, and new and emerging media on our culture, and vice versa.
- Students will demonstrate competency in discussing the aesthetics of film, television, and new and emerging media.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to offer constructive criticism and collaborate with others in a writers group.