No matter what program you’re in, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and tools to bring your stories to life. Our staff and student workers in the Student Production Office can help you identify your project’s needs from the earliest planning stages to filming to post-production. Check out more details below.
Our Camera Department houses an extensive inventory of professional cameras and accessories that suit the needs of a wide variety of projects. Three camera prep bays allow students the room and equipment to fully test and build out camera packages.
Digital Motion Picture Cameras
- Arri Alexa Mini
- RED One MX
- Canon C300 MKI
- Canon C100 MKII
- Canon XF100
Film Motion Picture Cameras
- Arri BL4s Super35
- Arri SR2 Super16
Cinema Prime Lens Sets
- Zeiss Ultra Primes
- Zeiss Super Speeds
- Zeiss CP2
- Elite Super Speeds
- Canon Cinema Primes
Cinema Zoom Lenses
- Cooke 20-100mm
- Angenieux EZ 15-40mm & 30-90mm
- Canon 30-105mm
- Zeiss 12-120mm
Our lighting and grip department has some of the most up-to-date and technically advanced lighting available in the industry. Below is a small sampling of what's available.
- Arri Skypanels
- Arri Interview Kits
- Kino Flo Celeb
- Kino Flo Diva - RGB
- Mole Richardson - 1x1
- Mole Richardson - Tungsten Balanced Fresnel Tweenie, Baby, Junior and Studio
- Mole Richardson - Tungsten Balanced Softlight
- Source 4
- Joker Bug - 400W and 800W
- 1.8 HMIs - Sunray
- 1.2 HMIs - Arri and Mole Richardson
- Digimole - 200W and 400W
Fresnel / Open-Faced / Fluorescent Lighting
- Mole Richardson - Fresnels 650W - 20K
- Mole Richardson - Open-Face/Par 750W - Maxibrute
- Kino Flo - Diva
- Kino Flo - 2Bank, 4Bank
- Kino Flo Image - 45, 80 and 85
- Source 4
- Space lights
- Doorway Dollies
- Western/Desert Dolly
- Matthews 4ft Slider
- Matthews Dutti Dolly
- Dana dolly
- Matthews Centipede Wheels
- Traditional Stands, Hardware, Flags and more
Our laboratory offers virtual cinematography, one of the first animation labs in the world to have this capability.
- 4,000+ square foot premiere studio designed by Gensler
- Render farm—30 nodes rendering animation frames
- Motion capture/stop motion stage with Natural Point OptiTrack system and LED lighting instruments
Our two campuses have ample facilities for helping you turn your footage or rough cuts into smooth, polished final work.
- Editing Computer Lab with 16 iMacs and 4K Side Monitors
- Sound Editing Computer Lab with 18 Base Model iMacs
- Multi-Purpose Computer Lab with 16 Base Model iMacs and a central conference table
- Four editing suites with iMac Pros, Reference Monitors, 4K TVs, and Black Magic Micro-panel Coloring Surfaces
- Four editing suites with iMac Pro, Reference Monitors, 4K TVs, and Tangent Element Coloring Surfaces
- One advanced edit suite with iMac Pro, Reference Monitor, 4K TV, and Tangent Element Coloring Surface. Advanced Color Correction Suite
Playa Vista Campus
- Editing Classroom / Computer Lab with 12 iMacs and 4K Side Monitors, 5.1 surround sound
- Sound Editing Classroom / Computer Lab with 18 iMacs; teacher’s station has Avid S6 and attached Foley / ADR room; theater-quality 7.1 Surround Sound
- Eight editing suites with iMac Pros with dual-screen setup, HP Z31 Dream Display reference monitors, and BlackMagic Micro Color Control Surfaces
- Mix Stage (seats 12) with Mac Pro, Avid S6 Mix Console, Projector and theater-quality 7.1 surround sound
- Foley / ADR Stage with Mac Pro, Avid C|24 Mix Console, 5.1 surround sound, four microphone inputs, four headphone outputs, Sennheiser MKH 416 and Neumann TLM-102 in each stage, multiple walking surfaces and props.
- Color Correction Suite with iMac Pro, Advanced HP Z31 Dream Display reference monitor, Christie 2K projector, and Tangent Element Coloring Surface
We have three theaters between our two campuses that are used for undergraduate and graduate courses, special screenings, industry panels, and other events.
The Mayer Theater at LMU’s School of Film and Television is a 126-seat theater that can screen DCP, 35mm, and 16mm film. It is home to Movie Mondays at the Mayer, SFTV in Conversation, special events, classes and more. For a map and directions to the Mayer Theater, please click here.
Playa Vista Campus
BRY 210 Theater
Our Theater, BRY 210, is a state-of-the art screening space. It’s used frequently for film, television, and media studies education and serves as a venue for special screenings of contemporary and classic works, industry panels, and distinguished visiting artists. Seating 45, the theater boasts a Christie Digital 2K DCP/HD, Blu Ray/DVD projection, QSC Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound, and an HD video teleconferencing system. It shares a projection booth with the neighboring BRY 211 Screening Classroom; the two spaces can be linked for a wide range of events, including seminars, screenings, and panel discussions where a larger audience is expected.
BRY 211 Screening Classroom
Complementing our nearby theater and sharing its projection booth, BRY 211 is a high-end screening room and classroom with an intimate atmosphere for the teaching of all sorts of media studies. Seating 28 students and boasting 7,000 Lumen Epson Laser Projection and QSC 7.1 Sound, the room has modular seating that can be rearranged easily to accommodate a range of different uses, and includes an HD Echo 360 teleconferencing system to accommodate a variety of teaching and learning activities. The screening classroom can be linked with the adjacent BRY 210 Theater in real time for a wide range of events.