LMU Playa Vista Campus is the university’s creative center for graduate and professional education, anchored by the top-ranked School of Film and Television.
LMU’s Playa Vista campus is located at 12105 West Waterfront Drive. We reside on the second floor of the building, with entry via the elevators at the 1st-floor street level in Core Lobby 1.
The campus is open seven days a week, from 8am – 12am. There will be additional hours of availability during the peak times on the academic calendar.
Students may choose to drive their personal vehicles to the LMU Playa Vista Campus. There is currently no charge for street parking on West Waterfront Drive. Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis and is limited at peak times. Paid off-street parking is available, subject to posted rates.
LMU Shuttle service between the Westchester campus and the Playa Vista Campus is available six days a week.
Monday – Friday
- 7:30am - 11:30am, every 30 minutes
- 11:30am - 8:30pm, every 15 minutes
- 8:30pm - 11:30pm, every 30 minutes
- 9:00am - 5:30pm, every 30 minutes
Please check the to find hours of operation during University Holidays and the summer months.
The two stops on Westchester campus are located at the University Hall flagpole and Lawton Plaza. The shuttle will stop at the Playa Vista Campus and during return trips to Westchester Campus only, it will also stop at "The Runway" (retail/restaurant stop) in Playa Vista.
Mobile App - Playa Vista Shuttle Tracker
These spaces offer world-class amenities for SFTV students and faculty, and will evolve to meet emerging needs:
- 11 classrooms, including two high-end collaborative active learning classrooms
- 2 “black box” teaching and production stages
- 3 flexible studios with green-screen backdrops and moveable partitions
- 12-seat sound mixing stage with Avid S6 console
- 18-seat multi-use sound mix classroom with attached ADR/Foley stage
- 1 Additional ADR/Foley stage
- 16-seat Avid editing lab
- 8 professional-level Avid editing rooms with additional private teaching space
- Color correction Studio with Christie 2K projector and 4K video monitoring
- Student Production Office (SPO), with resources and staff to aid student productions
- 2 large “collaboration spaces/living rooms” with a variety of seating and table options for group and individual work
- A café-like lounge area
SFTV hosts many receptions, screenings, and other events in its Playa Vista home:
- The Gallery, a 5,000 square foot flexible-use event and meeting space
- Elevated stage, projection screen, and podium
- 45-seat graded theater
- 28-seat screening room
- 3 general-use rooms for classes or meetings